Monday, June 23, 2008

The Parties, Recognitions, Tears & Gratitude




It was all a bit overwhelming and it seemed to never end, all of the parties, recognition and the gratitude from past and present students and parents. How wonderful to be told you have made a difference in the lives of others. All of that said none of it would have been possible without the support of fantastic principals. Jim McNally was the first to have a profound impact on my teaching and then Dr. David Jones in my last year of teaching. I feel so very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with both of these men before I left the profession. Then there are the quality colleagues that I have had the opportunity to work side by side with.


So much of the school climate is directly related to the administrator but that is a topic for another posting.




On June 16th a speech was requested by the audience for which believe it or not I was not fond of doing. So instead of a speech I made what I hope to be a fun tribute to those I have worked with over the years.


At all times find joy and laughter in your days.

No comments: