Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Teacher Is My Hero


One of the wonderful things about our profession is that sometimes adults seek us out to tell us about the important impact we had on their lives when they were our students.

One of Fran’s former students (from her multi-age classroom years) has written an essay about her impact on his life. It is appearing in a book that is being published next month titled My teacher is a Hero.

Here is the link to the Amazon page, if you want to pre-order a copy of the book for Fran to sign once she gets her cast off.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Teacher-Hero-Knowledge-Motivation/dp/1598697927/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204825860&sr=1-10

Fran, this recognition is richly deserved.

We are each of us making similar impressions today on tomorrow’s future adults. I wish the same well-deserved recognition for each of you.
David Jones
Principal, Cedar Wood Elementary

No comments: