Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pathfinder: Mission to Mars




Description:
An engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and leader of the robotic program offers an insider's view of the Mars Pathfinder mission that sent a small but sophisticated robot millions of miles through space to explore the rocky terrain of Mars, providing a human perspective on the project and assessing its meaning in terms of scientific discovery.


This book does a nice job of describing the impact a group of 2nd- 5th grade students had on NASA scientists and engineers. With imagination, support of NASA scientist, engineers, the community and my classroom parents, my students and I were able to create an experience of a life time. At all times the focus was on reaching high learning standards with a strong in math and science.
I could not have created this project with out the support of my principal Jim McNally who believed in my teaching ability. Nor would it have been possible without the finacal support of Boeing, University Of Washington, or Everett Public Schools Foundaton.








No comments: